Poultry Farming; How to Start And Manage Poultry
Poultry farming is among most profitable businesses if well managed. This is how
In a world that is forgetting about agribusiness, those that are still embracing it can witness the advantage of the business. When you think about poultry farming, the first thing that comes in mind is chicken rearing; that is because it is the most popular poultry farming across the globe, it is available and affordable.
Poultry can be frustrating, especially when you are not loaded with proper information on how to care for the birds and the reqiirements for a smooth run of the business. Just like any other business, poultry farming also has its advantages and disadvantages but we always look on the brighter side regardless.
Whether you are rearing chicken for eggs or meat or both, your key purpose should not be the profit moneywise, but quality produce. Whenever you start any business with a mentality of when you will start monetizing, you will suffocate your patience to learn and multiply which will end up bearing losses instead.
Start off with a plan, which shoild include;
- The capital you need to start and run the business. Before the business picks up, ensure your pocket can support it for several times
- What kind of poultry you want. Making sure you have done enough research on the kind of poultry you want is a type of settlement- mentally that disciplines you to run the business smoothly.
- Why poultry farming- Is it by passion or are you trying out? Knowing the reason you are starting poultry farming will help you find the best connection even on the market you need.
- Be open minded- Be ready to learn new skills and take risks. Birds are prone to diseases which might end up killing them. In such times, you are expected to be a die hard and ready to start over again from scratch but at least this time, you have experience. Some factors that kill the birds may include whether, environment or even an outbreak.
After everything is set on paper, you are ready to set up youur business.
- Ensure you have enough space for the birds for productivivity
- Ensure proper ventilation and lighting
- Ensure cleanliness. Just like any living thing, birds need a clean environment. It reduces diseases from attacking and spreading among the birds
- Regularly check up on the birds. This way, you will notice any diseases or deaths among your birds and you might be in a position to prevent further loss