Tips And Directives For a Successful Interview and Get You that Job
Tactics That would save you a job from your interview.
Many people think that just because you handed in your Curriculum Vitae (CV), the HR or the employer will deduct information from it but no, you also have a role to play. Your CV will not explain your personality and that is why personal interviews are done.
During the interview, remember to;
- Practice infront of your mirror. This will help you gain courage and be prepared upfront.
- Be on time; preferrably 10 minutes earlier to the meeting time. This helps in familiarizing yourself with the environment and therefore you will be relaxed during the interview
- Dress smart. The first impression even before uttering a word would be your dress code. Regardless of the position you are inteviewing, always put on an official wear It stands out and shows your professionalism.
- Carry a hard opy of your resume. Don`t assume that just because you submitted your CV through an email that will be used as a reference. A hard copy shows that you are a responsible person.
- Maintain your composure; Sometimes the interviewer may ask personal questions that make you feel uncomfortable. Don`t sweat it, just explain how you feel about the question wiithout raising your voice. This also applies when asked about your experience, especially when you have not met the expected level. In this case don`t shy from saying you are ready to learn, or you are a quick learner. Express all these in a composed manner.
- Always smile; A lively face is a friendly face to work for and with. It relfects scores even before you start the job.
- Have a proper research on the company; A proper knowledge of your company will save you from random questions.
- Don`t be desperate; Don`t disclose your financial strugles to your employer for pity, it will only send you off.
- Always finish off the interview with a smile. The last impression is always as good as the first.