JOBS: Internal Audit Officer at GA Insurance
GA Insurance Ltd was incorporated in 1979 after the exit of General Accident Insurance. The company has over 50 years of experience in general insurance underwriting inherited from its parent firm, General Accident Insurance (UK).
Responsible for assessing compliance with policy and procedures and reporting any deviations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and contribute to the process risk assessment workshops for target audit areas and document the results for effective audit planning and execution.
- Develop appropriate audit tests aimed at addressing identified risks and achieving the desired audit objectives as per the agreed audit plan with a view to providing
- assurance that such risks are effectively managed/ mitigated.
- Make maximum use of computer-assisted audit tools in the automation of processes for use by the entire audit department.
- Quality assurance to ensure that all work delivered, including working papers, both
- meet the standards required as well as support the audit findings, recommendations, and conclusions
- Draft suitable audit reports highlighting key control weaknesses, non-compliance with
- procedures and management policies and regulatory requirements, among others on those areas audited.
- Participate in Departmental meetings to evaluate new developments in GA and the
- The industry may require modification of the audit approach as well as discuss the ongoing audit progress and any challenges faced.
- Prepare an audit plan for specific audit assignments and implement it in consultation with
- GM Internal Audit and other functional heads within GA to ensure completion of assignments within the agreed schedule.
- Participate in the development of the annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Ensure follow-up and disposal of agreed audit recommendations logged from previous audits.
- Participate in the BAC file preparation.
- Maintaining effective relationships with business management.
- Research audit tools and leading audit practices as well as reviewing the current
- practices in the department to ensure conformity with International Standards and Best Practices.
- Review of fraud trends in conjunction with relevant stakeholders (including GM
- Internal Audit) and direct development of appropriate audit strategies for this risk.
- Periodic review of the risk-based audit process. Continue to update awareness of risk
- issues and changes across relevant business units and use this knowledge to amend
- the audit approach where necessary
- Review documentation; approval and communication of policies and procedures as
- well as providing consultancy on their risk-related elements.
- CPA PART III
- A Business-related degree is essential
- At least 1-year experience in auditing/ accounting systems
Method of Application
If you meet the above minimum requirements, send your c.v to [email protected] indicate the position applied for on the email subject line so as to be received on or before
22nd April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.