JOBS: Financial Controller – Development at Flexi-Personnel
TheÂ Financial Controller â€“ DevelopmentÂ is responsible for establishing a reliable financial control system within the clientâ€™s retail function. The role holder is also responsible for examining proposedÂ projects and providing support by highlighting risks and recommending solutions.
Budget and Forecasting
- Assist with monitoring allocated budgets to ensure compliance and highlight possible issues
- Provide inputs on the preparation of budget when necessary and provide inputs on cost reduction measures
- Partner with relevant function heads, by providing them with analysis and advice in the planning process with regards to budgeting, strategic plans, and periodic forecasts for their respective departments
Â Financial Control
- Ensure that financial aspects of relevant contracts are adhered to and that contracts are renewed in a timely manner.
- Ensure reconciliation of accounts is conducted periodically and reviewed as required.
- Track revenue recognition and ensure revenue is allocated correctly, taking corrective action where inconsistencies arise.
- Review and provide inputs on the monthly depreciation schedule and reconciliation statements.
- Review the creation/deletion/revision of new vendor accounts after necessary approvals.
- Provide inputs for the development of relevant processes for reporting, benchmarks, and policies for the organization and provide recommendations when required.
- Review all financial transactions, processes, records, and books of accounts ensuring they comply with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Ensure accurate and proper inter-company, bank, suppliers, and advances/prepayment reconciliations are conducted and that the necessary actions are taken accordingly to maintain accuracy and safeguard the companyâ€™s assets.
- Support the process of reviewing Capex assumptions for the appraisal of new projects and budgets, by assisting with the development of feasibility studies and providing necessary analysis
- Support the control process by staying informed on the progress of relevant Capex investments approved projects/budgets and carry out a detailed analysis, giving feedback to concerned stakeholders about possible budget risks
- Support the value creation process by analyzing existing fixed assets details for productivity and identifying patterns applicable in new projects to maximize value creation to be recommended to concerned stakeholders
- Support the identification process of improvement areas for different stages of an investment process to identify potential for cash flow savings/synergies and create an optimized investment process and assist with the implementation phase
- Support the relevant functions by providing necessary analysis and detail of the organization Capex investment and expense process.
- Develop relevant reports following the set standards and procedures
- Provide inputs to business units that include related analysis against agreed KPIs
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and providing constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure the facilitation of training requirements
- Develop and implement on the job training for the team
- Provide inputs for the development of an annual manpower plan
- Ensure the implementation of the clientâ€™s Retailâ€™s corporate policies and relevant procedures.
- Bachelor of Finance, Business Administration, or Commerce.
- MBA in the same field advantage.
- CPA or CMA is preferred.
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Project management
- Strong communicator and presentation skills
- 5+ years in a similar position
- 2+ years in retail business is preferred
Method of Application